Come and visit us!
The Sanctuary is operated by the SEA LIFE Trust, a charity registered in England and Wales and CAF America approved. All money raised from ticket sales helps us to provide the best possible care for Little White and Little Grey, as well as the other animals we look after here at the Sanctuary.
Our brand new Visitor Centre located in Vestmannaeyjar Harbour is now open and houses:
- Our native species aquarium allowing you to get up close to the other animals that share the belugas’ new home
- Our Puffin Rescue Centre – learn all about these amazing birds that inhabit the Vestmannaeyjar islands and hear about how we, along with the islanders, are helping to protect them
- The story of the Sanctuary and its resident beluga whales – learn all about why Heimaey is home to the belugas through interactive displays and information
For opening times click here.
Klettsvik Bay is across the harbour from our Visitor Centre and is the new home for the resident belugas. After the belugas move from their care pool to the Bay in Spring 2020, we will run carefully managed boat trips to visit the bay from Vestmannaeyjar Harbour which allows you to view the belugas home from a discreet distance.
Choose what you see when you visit:
- Visitor Centre only (Open Now!)
- Visitor Centre and Bay trip (Available from Spring 2020)
- Bay only (Available from Spring 2020)